Thursday, July 8, 2010

DA SMITHY CODE... decoding the sport soundbyte


Bok coach Peter de Villiers on why he is such a together guy

It’s not “almost” too easy having a go at Peter de Villiers… it is too easy. Of course, that’s never stopped me before.

Pete had this to say ahead of the Boks’ Tri-Nations opener against the All Blacks on Saturday (you have to get the high-pitched, winey accent right)…

What he actually said…
“I am a strong individual, a strong character, and I don’t care what people think or say about me, because it is what I think about me that counts, and I love myself a lot.”


What he actually means:
“I tried really hard to explain myself to people, but they kept pointing at me and laughing. Especially Bakkies Botha. I tell you there are only so many times you can sit at a press conference explaining your very detailed analysis of this great game of rugby… and then watch people slap their thighs laughing. As I said, especially Bakkies Botha.

It can bring a man down. All the therapy seems to helping a lot though.”

1 comment:

  1. Do yourself a favour and watch WWE's The Miz deliver a promo. Then picture PdV doing the same. PdV has a future, and it involved teh squared circle.

    ReplyDelete